Saturday, August 10, 2019

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Where was I in 2000?

From Randy over at Genea-Musings: 



it's Saturday Night - 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!


 Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1)  Do you recall what you were doing in 2000?  Family, school, work, hobbies, technology, genealogy, vacations, etc?  If this doesn't work for you, what about your parents?

2)  Tell us in a blog post of your own, in a comment on this blog, or in a Facebook post.

Here's mine:

Because the memory is the first thing to go, the only way I could remember what went on in my life in the year 2000, was to go back and look at pictures.  Seems it was a year of change for me...

I turned 33 in June of that year.  We had just went through the whole Y2K hoopla.  I remember as a kid, figuring out how old I would be in the year 2000 and thinking 33 was soooo old.  How little did I know?!

In 2000, I was married to Tracy, and we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary in April...  hmmmm, the seven year itch?  I don't remember it.  We lived in Oxford, Georgia, right outside of Covington.  I was working as a recruiter at Rockdale Hospital... and I HATED it.  

I had just started scrapbooking the year before, so I attended and hosted several crops for my friends throughout the year.  I had a good husband who would cook for us when we cropped at our house.  


There was an ice storm in January that year.  That's what Georgia gets.  Not snow.  Ice.  Which is why we can't drive in it, and we're stuck in our houses.  It must have been some kind of cold cause our pool had ice on the surface!


Tracy and I liked to travel when we could so we went to north Georgia and hiked to Amicalola Falls in February.  Jekyll and Sapelo Islands in April.  Visited all the lighthouses along the North Carolina coast in May and June.  And spent July 4th on Lake Hartwell!  Those were the 
days!

We loved to have pool parties in those days, too.  Several throughout the summer.  We had a 4th of July blast this year.  

I would travel on my own, too.  I went to Alabama to see my best friend, Karen, and her new home. 

We had to stop traveling so much though... cause the biggest change that year was that we opened a scrapbook store!  Say Cheese of Conyers was a franchise store.  I had trained under the owner in Augusta.  We sold supplies and taught classes.  Our grand opening was in August of 2000.  I still have friends that I met through my store.  It was so much work, but it was also a lot of fun.  


I haven't scanned the pictures after October of 2000.  But I am sure it was time filled with Mexican dinners with Tracy's parents, Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parents in Augusta, and lots of scrapping and rearranging the store in between!

That was fun to take a walk down memory lane.  Years tend to blend together as we get older, but it was nice to be reminded of when certain events took place.  It was also fun to see how young and SKINNY I was!  

No comments:

Post a Comment