Saturday, May 21, 2022

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - How Many Find a Grave Entries?

 From Randy (cousin discovery!!) over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1)  How many entries are there on Find a Grave for your exact current surname and the birth surnames of your grandparents?  What about your spouse's grandparents' birth surnames?

(2)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, in a post on Facebook, or on Twitter.  

Here's mine:

I used the Memorial search feature on Find a Grave.  There I entered only the surname I was looking for in the search parameters and clicked "Search."

Here is what I discovered:

Tapley:  3,491

Drake:  65,255

Ranney:  3,597

Page:  99,539

Harrell:  32,932

Schwalls: 54

Carter:  284,185

Since I do not have a spouse, I went back to my great-grandparents' original surnames.  

1 comment:

  1. I thought my Scerbak number was low at 82, but Schwalls is really rare with only 54 entries.

    ReplyDelete