From Randy (my cousin) over at Genea-Musings:
it's Saturday Night -
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) Do you have any records of your ancestors' schooling, such as report cards, yearbooks, or photos?
2) If so, please share one (or more) of them and what you learned about your ancestor(s) from them.
3) Please share your post or information as a comment or in your own blog post!
(Thank you to Lisa S. Gorrell for this SNGF idea.)
Here's mine:
Well, since I always have to be extra, I'm going to post about four different people, my great-grandmother, Bessie Alice Carter Ranney (1883-1960); my grandmother, Ethel Irene Ranney Tapley (1913-1973); my mother, Linda Irene Tapley (1942-); and myself (1967-)!
Bessie grew up in Eagle Grove, Iowa. Following are images of her 1901 High School Graduation Booklet.
For my grandmother, a page out of her 1932 Redlands (California) High School Yearbook. My mother nor I had any idea Ethel was in Glee Club! We certainly did not inherit any singing ability from her, unfortunately.
My mother was in the 1st Grade at Glenwood in Los Angeles. Here is her report card from the first semester that year (1948-49). (I believe I got a hold of this when I was a child and added or tried to subtract some check marks from the Subjects section!) I see she got outstanding marks in Effort and Cooperation.
With her 5th grade class in 1953 in Mentone, California:
Here's my pretty mother in June 1962 when she graduated from San Bernardino Valley College in San Bernardino, Orange, California.
Finally, here I am in my cap and gown when I graduated from Swainsboro High School, Swainsboro, Georgia in 1985.













No comments:
Post a Comment