Friday, November 11, 2011

Grandma's Diary, Part 44

(To read prior entries from my maternal grandmother's 1933 diary, please click on the tab "Posts by Topic" and then go to the topic "California." All posts are listed there.)

Key:

The writer is Ethel Ranney Tapley.
Alice is her sister.
Kenneth is her brother.
Her parents.
H = her boyfriend, Hazel Avery Plumlee
Delma = Hazel's little sister
Earl = Hazel's brother
Verda = Earl's wife
Dorothy Lee = Hazel's niece (Earl's child)
Otho is Otho Hesser, her father's cousin.
Viella is Otho's wife.
Ruth & Kathryn are Otho and Viella's daughters.
Uncle Jont is Jonathan Hesser, Otho's father and her father's uncle.
Aunt Kate is Sarah Katherine Hall Hesser, Jonathan's wife and Otho's mother
Herman (Williams) is Alice's husband.

Kenneth's wife is also named Alice; her maiden name is unknown.


Sunday, November 5:  "Hazel & I went to Monterey Pk. & met Mama.  Ate some more lunch at Mrs. Childs.  We came home about 3 pm.  Alice & Kenneth were here when we got home."


Monday, November 6:  "I went to school.  Kenneth came after me after school.  Went to Berdo. to the show.  Went over to Trowbridges a little while."


Tuesday, November 7:  "I went to school.  Alice & Kenneth came after me.  We went to Bear Valley in the afternoon."


Wednesday, November 8:  "I went to school.  Mama, Alice & Kenneth came after me.  Visited Hammonds & Kinghams."


Thursday, November 9:  "I didn't go to school.  We got to Alice's about 3:30 pm.  They were glad to see us."


Friday, November 10:  "Alice & Kenneth left for Modesto early in the morning.  Alice & I visited Lulu at Lancaster."


Saturday, November 11:  "Alice & Kenneth got back to Alices about 4 pm.  We left for L.A. about 6.  Got to L.A. about 9 o'clock."


No comments:

Post a Comment