Friday, November 18, 2011

Grandma's Diary, Part 45

(To read prior entries from my maternal grandmother's 1933 diary, please click on the tab "Posts by Topic" and then go to the topic "California." All posts are listed there.)

Key:

The writer is Ethel Ranney Tapley.
Alice is her sister.
Kenneth is her brother.
Her parents.
H = her boyfriend, Hazel Avery Plumlee
Delma = Hazel's little sister
Earl = Hazel's brother
Verda = Earl's wife
Dorothy Lee = Hazel's niece (Earl's child)
Otho is Otho Hesser, her father's cousin.
Viella is Otho's wife.
Ruth & Kathryn are Otho and Viella's daughters.
Uncle Jont is Jonathan Hesser, Otho's father and her father's uncle.
Aunt Kate is Sarah Katherine Hall Hesser, Jonathan's wife and Otho's mother
Herman (Williams) is Alice's husband.

Kenneth's wife is also named Alice; her maiden name is unknown. 

Sunday, November 12:  "Hazel came home with us from L.A.  In the afternoon we visited Plumlees."

Monday, November 13:  "Hazel & I stayed all night at Trowbridges.  I went to school.  Dad came after to me at noon."

Tuesday, November 14:  "I stayed all night at Trowbridges.  Took Hazel to Pomona on his way to L.A.  Clara & Lucile rode along."

Wednesday, November 15:  "Drove the car to school.  Saw Lucile & Clara.  We went to the show in the eve."

Thursday, November 16:  "I went to school.  Folks came after me about 2.  Visited Aunt Kate.  Took a ride thru Smiley Heights."

Friday, November 17:  "I went to school.  Alice & Mama came after me & we went to Berdo.  Went to Viellas for supper."

Saturday, November 18:  "Tried to clean house a little bit.  Mama & I went to Berdo.  We sewed in the afternoon."  

More contributions from child Liz:


Mon, November 12, 1973:  "My Gradpa died and My Gradma died Too."


November 12, 1975:  "My mother's and Daddy wedding anuvshe."  (anniversary)


November 17, 1969:  "My Nefu was born."  (nephew) (This would have referred to Harry, Jr., but he was actually born in 1968.)

No comments:

Post a Comment