Saturday, April 9, 2022

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Four Things!

  From Randy (cousin discovery!!) over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1)  Let's answer some family history related questions with four responses (Four Things!).

(2)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, in a post on Facebook, or on Twitter.  

Here's mine:

Four names I go by:

(1)  Liz
(2)  Elizabeth
(3)  Lizard
(4)  Mama 

Four places I have lived:

(1) Swainsboro, Georgia
(2) Milledgeville, Georgia
(3) Covington, Georgia
(4) Durham, North Carolina

Four ancestral places I have visited:

(1)  Johnson County, Georgia
(2)  Jacksonville, Florida
(3)  Pendleton, South Carolina
(4)  Redlands, California

Four interesting places I have visited:

(1)  Williamsburg, Virginia
(2)  Los Angeles, California
(3)  Amsterdam, Netherlands
(4)  Washington, D.C.

Four favorite/most interesting ancestors/family members:

(1)  Morgan Goodgame Swain (1805-1851)
(2)  Stephen Hopkins (abt. 1581-1644)
(3)  Gordon Wesley Tapley (1894-1959)
(4)  Sarah  Tapley (1775-bet.1850-1860)

Four favorite genealogy record collections:

(1)  Obituaries
(2)  Historical newspapers
(3)  Marriage records
(4)  Military records, including pension applications

2 comments:

  1. I love your interesting places list. Although having lived in SoCal, I'd say Los Angeles would rank at the bottom of my list because of the insane traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky when we were in L.A., Linda, and we didn't run into any of the insane traffic. I haven't seen enough of California. I am sure there are much more beautiful and interesting places I haven't visited.

      Delete