Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Geneabloggers Pajama Party

From Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings:

It's Saturday Night -- time for more Genealogy Fun!!

Tonight at Jamboree is the Geneabloggers Pajama Party, and everyone knows that fun folks play games at their pajama parties.  So, for SNGF tonight:

1)  Play "two truths and a lie."  Tell us three facts about your family history -- two have to be true and one has to be a lie.

2)  Put them on your own blog post, in a Facebook status or in a comment on this blog.  Ask readers to guess which one is a lie.

3)  After one day, be sure to put the right answer as a comment to your blog. or Facebook status.


Here are mine:
  1.  My first cousin, 1x removed, Gordon Tapley, went AWOL during WWI and there is an FBI file on him because of it.
  2. When my mother was born in 1942 in Los Angeles, the hospital was so full that my grandmother's bed was in the hallway.
  3. My full birth name is Elizabeth Ann-Marie Tapley.
Which one do you think is a lie?  Please comment!

7 comments:

  1. My guess is # 1. Oh and by the way, what's the name of the FBI database?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is #2 because nobody else has claimed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments.

    The lie is...

    #3 My full name is NOT Elizabeth Ann-Marie even though my mom thought about it!

    My full name is Mary Elizabeth Tapley. Mary for a friend/co-worker of my mother's at Southern Bell and Elizabeth for my dear Aunt Elizabeth, wife of my Uncle Russ.

    Thank you for playing!! LOL

    Oh, and Ginger, there is an FBI file on Gordon; I just haven't written about it on my blog yet. A few years ago, on the 100th anniversary of the FBI, they released some of their case files to the public. Older files, though I do not recall the cut off date. I found it on Footnote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I hate it when I get the wrong answer! You had me going thinking your name was right too....I looked everywhere! I just needed more time...Cool thing on the FBI files. I remember that now...but I didn't get to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa! I figured it was the name. =0)

    ReplyDelete