Saturday, June 25, 2022

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Paternal Grandfather's Matrilineal Line

 From Randy (cousin discovery!!) over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1)  Who is in your paternal grandfather's matrilineal line (i.e., the mother of your paternal grandfather, her mother, her mother, and so on)?

(2)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, in a post on Facebook, or on Twitter.  

Here's mine:

My paternal grandfather was Lusion Keman Tapley (1870-1935).


His mother, my great-grandmother, was Elizabeth Rebecca "Becky" Page (1844-1924) who married James Madison "Jim" Tapley (1847-1912) in Johnson County, Georgia in 1866.


Her mother, my 2nd great-grandmother, was Elizabeth Carolina "Betsy" Scoggins (1802-1880) who married Solomon Page (1800-1860) in Washington County, Georgia on July 14, 1839. 


Her mother, my 3rd great-grandmother, was Nancy E McClammy* (1777-1838) who married Wright Scoggins (unknown-1837).  Their marriage date and location are unknown.  

    *The identities of Wright Scoggins and Nancy E McClammy have not been proven.  This information has been gleaned from other family trees, but I have been unable to prove the information to be absolutely true.  

And that is the end of the line.  That is all I know for sure about my paternal grandfather's matrilineal line.  I have searched for Scoggins and McClammy information before, but as it is getting back to the 18th century, where entire families were not listed on the census, information has been harder to come by.  


1 comment:

  1. Your line extends the same distance back as mine, which I thought very quite short compared to many of my other lines. However, it looks like we are pretty average for SNGF.

    ReplyDelete