Friday, September 27, 2019

Ding! Ding! Ding! I've hit lucky #13,000

Today, I entered the 13,000th relative into my family tree.  That's right.  You read that right.  Not 1,300.  It's 13,000.  Thirteen thousand.  I am related by blood or by marriage to all 13,000.  It's so wild.  Those that are not "into" genealogy won't get it. They'll think I'm crazy or boring, or don't have enough to do.  But the genealogists out there know that I am doing exactly what I want to do. Research like crazy into the wee hours of every night/morning!

The lucky 13,000th person was a 4th cousin, Ernie Keith Peebles.  He was born November 26, 1960 in Emanuel County, Georgia (where I grew up).  I never met him.  Sadly, he passed quite young at 45 years old on July 27, 2006.  I do not know if he ever married or had children.  His obituary mentions neither.  Just  his mother, Ann Hammock Peebles, my 3rd cousin, 1x, and his sister, Yonna Peebles Bailey.

We are both descended from Francis Bryant Drake and Selina King Drake.

His line:

Francis Byant's 7th child, a son, John Saffold Drake,
His daughter, Elizabeth Drake, who married Nathan Tucker Foskey,
Her daughter, Alice Foskey, who married Bennie Lee Hammock,
Her daughter, Ann Hammock, who married Ernie W. Peebles, and were the parents of
Ernie Keith Peebles.

My line:

Francis Byrant's eldest and son, James William Drake,
His son, William John Drake,
His daughter, Nealie Vermell Drake who married Lusion K Tapley,
Her son, Gilbert Earl Tapley who was the father of
ME.

So if anyone reads this and knows the Peebles, I would love to get to know them. 

Also, if you recognize any of the names and think we may be related, please, please reach out. 

Now it's on to 14,000! 

No comments:

Post a Comment