Saturday, July 11, 2020

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - How Many Ancestors Have You "Met"?

From Randy over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1)  Write down which of your ancestors that you have met in person (yes, even if you were too young to remember them).

(2)  Tell us their names, where they lived, and their relationship to you in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a post on Facebook. 

Here's mine:

(1)  Linda Irene Tapley (1942-), my mother, resides in Augusta, Georgia.  She was born in Los Angeles, California and grew up around Redlands and Yucaipa, California.  She came east in 1962 and lived in Tallahassee and Jacksonville, Florida.  She has also lived in Swainsboro and Milledgeville/Eatonton, Georgia during her lifetime.  

(2)  Gilbert Earl Tapley (1928-2008), my father, resided all over Johnson County and a time in Jefferson County, Georgia during his childhood; in Milledgeville, Georgia a couple of times; in Jacksonville, Florida several different times; and in Augusta, Georgia at least two different times, which is where he passed away.

(3)  Charles Morgan Tapley (1907-1973), my maternal grandfather, born in Johnson County, Georgia; ran away at age 16 to join the Navy, ended up stationed in California and lived there until about 1962; lived in Tallahassee, Florida a couple of years; then settled in Swainsboro, Georgia, where he lived until his death (1964-1973).

(4)  Ethel Irene Ranney Tapley (1913-1973), my maternal grandmother, born in Elsie, Michigan; moved to the San Bernardino and Redlands area of California as a child; also lived in both Los Angeles and Yucaipa for periods of time as an adult; moved to Tallahassee Florida in 1962; moved to Swainsboro, Georgia in 1964 and lived there until her death.

(5) Nealie Vermell Drake Tapley (1895-1970), my paternal grandmother, born in Adrian, Emanuel County, Georgia; lived all over Emanuel (Adrian), Johnson (Kite), Washington (Sandersville), Jefferson (Wadley), and Richmond (Augusta) Counties during the course of her life; also lived in Jacksonville, Florida.  She had returned to Augusta and was living there when she died.

So I have only "met" five my my direct ancestors.  That is a very low number, I think.  I never had the chance to meet my paternal grandfather, Lusion Keman Tapley, or any of my great-grandparents.  I didn't even have any grandparents left after age 6.  I think I got a little cheated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment