Saturday, April 4, 2020

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Oldest Family Photos

From Randy over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!



Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1) What are the oldest family photos that you have?  Can you date them? Do  you know who is in them?

(2)  Show us one or more of your oldest photos and provide a date and the subjects (if you can).

(3)  Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a post on Facebook.

Here's mine:

(1)  I believe this is my great-grandfather, James Madison Tapley, 1847-1912.  I have no idea when this picture was taken but it is certainly old.  I wonder if it's from the Civil War era. 


(2)  While I do not know who this person is, I believe he is from the Drake family, as this was one of several unlabeled pictures I found in my grandmother Nealie Drake Tapley's belongings. 



(3)  This picture is of my great-grandparents, James Madison "Jim" Tapley, 1847-1912, and Rebecca Page Tapley, 1844-1924.  I do not know when it was taken
but he passed away in 1912, so it was shortly before then.



(4)  My 2nd great-grandfather, Comfort Ranney, 1838-1920.

                                            

(5) My 3rd great-grandfather (Comfort's father), Luther Boardman Ranney, 1809-1890, and his second wife, Caroline Clapp, 1821-1895.  I don't actually have this picture in my possession; I found it on online.  It is very old.


If anyone reading this wants to take a shot at dating these picture for me, I would love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment