Saturday, January 22, 2022

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Best Family History Discovery This Week

 From Randy (cousin discovery!!) over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1)  What was your best family history or genealogy discovery (or discoveries) this past week (or month if you choose)?

(2)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a post on Facebook. 

Here's mine:

I made some small discoveries this week:

*  I have been going through my tree and trying find the first names or surnames I am missing.  I will pick up a relative's wife's first name in an obituary, but there is no maiden name listed, for instance.  So I have found a good number of these names by using Ancestry hints and that makes my tree feel more complete.

* During this process, I have also discovered several instances of children attached to the wrong wife or even additional wives I did not know a relative had!  

* While doing this research, I sometimes trip over information I was not even looking for!  That happened this week when I was able to take my Hesser line (sort of - it's through their wives) back a few more generations to my 10th great-grandparents, William Blunston (1626-1683) and his wife, Anne Gamble (1628-1683).  This was exciting, especially after doing poorly in my Ancestor Score 2022 a couple of weeks ago!  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on extending your Hesser line by several generations. It's always exciting to make a find like that.

    ReplyDelete