Saturday, January 1, 2022

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- What Are Your 2022 Plans/Goals/Resolutions for Your Genealogy Research?

  From Randy (cousin discovery!!) over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1)  It's the New Year, and many readers and bloggers have already made resolutions or goals or plans for one or more genealogy task(s) or project(s).  If they haven't yet, they could - maybe even should.

(2)  For this SNGF, please tell us what plans you've made or what goals or resolutions you have stated or set for 2022.  Writing them down may help you achieve them.  Do one or more as you wish.

(3)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a post on Facebook. 

Here's mine:

I'm baaaaaaack...  I haven't posted a SNGF post since last April!  I got sidetracked in 2021, and it wasn't a very good year for me for the second half, but I'm hopeful 2022 will be better!  I make goals every year for genealogy, but never seem to complete them.  

Last year, my three goals were:  

    (1)     Scan all of my family pictures and organize my personal photos on my computer.  It appears I got less than 100 of the family photos scanned and never got around to doing any of my personal photos.  

    (2)      Participate fully in the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge hosted by Amy Johnson Crow.  I started out really strong and did most topics... until April. Luckily, Amy says whether we do one post or all 52, we have recorded something about our ancestors.  

    (3)    Clean up the sources and data errors in my Family Tree Maker software.  I don't even remember if I worked on this any after I set this goal.  So no, this wasn't done either.

Now I will go ahead and state three goals for 2022 that I hope to accomplish... or at least make a dent.  They are essentially the same goals I had last year.  

*    Goal #1:  Scan the rest of the family pictures so that I put the albums back in the fireproof safe!  I have already added this to my goal list in my new, nifty planner.  If I only scan 5 pictures a week, I may get them all done by the end of 2022!

*    Goal #2:  I have already signed up for the 2022 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge.  This year, Amy has added a monthly topic for those that may find the weekly post schedule too daunting.  So I feel a little more optimistic about my participation.  Surely, I can at least do a post a month!  But I am going to try to do one a week.  

*    Goal #3:  Finish cleaning up the sources and data errors in my FTM software.  Again, if I just did 15 minutes several days a week, I would make a huge dent!  That is so easy to say, isn't it?!  

My overall goal for 2022 is to stay healthy.  I had COVID about 6-8 weeks ago, and I do NOT want to go through that again!  I also want to start scrapbooking again.  I cleaned off my table yesterday and found Christmas cards from last year!  Ugh.  

Those are my goals for 2022 - what are  yours?

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment