Friday, May 6, 2011

Grandma's Diary, Part 17

(To read prior entries from my maternal grandmother's 1933 diary, please click on the tab "Posts by Topic" and then go to the topic "California."  All posts are listed there.)

Key:

The writer is Ethel Ranney Tapley.
Alice is her sister.
Kenneth is her brother.
Her parents.
          H = her boyfriend, Hazel Avery Plumlee
          Delma = Hazel's little sister
          Earl = Hazel's brother
          Verda = Earl's wife
          Dorothy Lee = Hazel's niece (Earl's, child)
          Otho is Otho Hesser, her father's cousin.
          Viella is Otho's wife.
          Ruth & Kathryn are Otho and Viella's daughters.
          Uncle Jont is Jonathan Hesser, Otho's father and her father's uncle.
          Aunt Kate is Sarah Katherine Hall Hesser, Jonathan's wife and Otho's mother
          Herman (Williams) is Alice's boyfriend.

Sun., April 30:  "Kathryn stayed all night last night.  Kenneth came about 5 am.  Otho & Kathryn here to dinner had last roaster.  Went to S.S.  H. & I had a fight."

Mon., May 1:  "H. came over this morning.  K. went home about 4 am.  In the eve. H. & I visited Wallons & Arnolds.  Dad worked today."

Tues., May 2:  "It rained a little.  Dad worked.  Mrs. Kirby called in the afternoon.  H. came over in eve."

Wed., May 3:  "Dad worked for Mrs. Kirby.  H. came over in the morning.  I went with him & made boxes.  We ate supper here."

Thurs., May 4:  "Viella & Ruth were here a little while.  Mama & I went to quilt at Whites.  Clara waved my hair.  We all ate supper at the church.  I stayed all night at Verda's."

Fri., May 5:  "H. & I made boxes - 400.  I ate supper at Verda's."

Sat., May 6:  "We all went to town.  Alice got her graduation dress & jacket.  Ate lunch at Norahs.  H. & I & Ben & Lillian went to Berdo. in eve."

No comments:

Post a Comment