Thursday, May 26, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Commericals and Fame

Week 21:  Commercials. Do you remember any commercial jingles from your childhood? Share them here.

I really don't  remember many commericals... mostly McDonald's commercials.  I do remember perfecting the "2allbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun" Big Mac jingle!  (And yes, I did that from memory BEFORE I found the commercial!) 

And who doesn't remember this precious little old lady?  "Where's the Beef?!"

I'm a week behind on my 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History postings, so I'm going to do the previous week's, also:

Week 20:  Fame. Tell us about any local brushes with fame. Were you ever in the newspaper? Why? You may also describe any press mentions of your family members.

My only claim to fame is that I was in the local newspaper (Swainsboro [Georgia] Forest-Blade) a lot, especially during my senior year of high school.  I was an honor student, very involved in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), and voted Most Likely to Succeed.  All of these things led to space filling articles and pictures.   I mean, it was a small town. 


After high school, the only time my name or picture was in the paper was when I got married!

No comments:

Post a Comment