Saturday, December 26, 2020

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What did (Genea-) Santa Bring You?

 From Randy (my newest cousin discovery!!) over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!



Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1)  What gift(s) did (Genea-) Santa bring you this Christmas season?

(2)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a post on Facebook.  

Here's mine:

Genea-Santa didn't make an appearance at my house this year... but good old St. Nick (Santa Claus) dropped off some goodies for me:

- A rainbow umbrella (which I have been wishing for forever!)

- A candle screen with a lighthouse scene.  The screen is clear other than the scene painted on it, so the light from the candle shines through.  I love lighthouses.

- A jump starter for my car.  So if I am somewhere and my battery goes dead, I can jump it off myself without having to ask a stranger for assistance.  It holds a charge for up to 6 months, and you can also charge your cell phone or tablet with it.

- A Blink Indoor Camera to add my my security "system."  I have 3 cameras on my system now.  Outside, the living room, and my bedroom.  Now I can add one to the dining room that will cover the front door.  

- An Echo Dot.  I already had 2 Google Assistants - one upstairs and downstairs.  However, Alexa can control my smart TV.  It will pull up Netflix and the series I want to watch for me.  Hands free!  

So as you can see, my Santa Mom was very good to me this year.  

I did make her a genea-gift.  I had taken all the family photos here to my house, so I made her a book with memories from her life.  She had forgotten some of the pictures even existed.  I think she liked it.  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't have much on my genea-list this year, either. However, I am sure your Mom really appreciated your genea-gift to her. Merry Christmas and let's hope for a much more healthy 2021 for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you are always so sweet and comment on my posts. Thank you! Happy New Year! I will attempt to do better in 2021 and read and comment on your blog. It means so much to get support!

    ReplyDelete