Thursday, November 25, 2010

Treasure Chest Thanksgiving (Thursday)

Happy Thanksgiving!  I gobbled till I wobbled, napped until I recovered, and cleaned up the kitchen.  Now it's time to take a moment for me... and post here.


This is my maternal grandmother's, Ethel Ranney Tapley's, china.  It is called "English Garden."

While not sure of the details of its history, we feel sure that she purchased the china new; it was not handed down from generation to generation.

I have had this china my entire adult life, and I honestly don't remember how I got it.  All this time, I thought it belonged to my paternal grandmother, but my mother just corrected me.  Funny how things get twisted!


The china has always been predominantly displayed in my china cabinet (as long as I have had one), but it was unused.  Since we usually spent the holidays elsewhere, we never used it, or we would use paper plates for ease of clean up.  However, this year we found ourselves hosting Thanksgiving, and I decided it was a good time to use the "fine" china.  So this is how our table looked today before the food bounty was prepared. 

It makes me happy to have this link to my past to share with my present loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment