Thursday, January 6, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday


Bronzed baby shoes.  Do you have any of these?  My grandfather (Pop Pop) really believed in them!  We have mine (pictured above), my mother's, and some who we don't even know whose they were!

I just realized that there is a picture of me at 6 years old with my baby shoes... hmmmmmm. 

Before I actually started walking, I had to wear corrective shoes.  My foot was turned inward from the instep to my toes.  So I had to wear shoes that were set into a plastic disc.  There is one picture somewhere of that contraption... I'll try to find it and share it here.  It did the job, and I was able to walk normally when the time came. 

So I guess the shoes that were bronzed came later... after I started walking.

You don't see these anymore.  I'm kind of ambivalent about them.  But my Pop Pop evidently thought they were important, so Mom and I will hang on to them.  (Most of them.  Shhhh, don't tell Pop Pop, but Mom and I found a set at her house the other day that had virtually turned green.  Plus we weren't sure whose they were.  They got tossed.  Gasp!)

Let me know if you have some!  I'd love to see them so I will know that I'm not alone.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when those were all the rage. My mother had a pair of mine bronzed.

    ReplyDelete