Hey genea-kids, it's Saturday Night - time for lots of Genealogy Fun!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) Go to the Wordle site - www.wordle.net and create your own unique Wordle - it's a word cloud. You can use either a clump of text, enter your own words (say, surnames, or given names), use a blog page address, or something else. Your choice! Be creative with the fonts, colors, backgrounds, and layout.
2) Save it as an image (I used Print Screen, pasted it to a Word document, used the Windows snipping tool to edit it, and saved it to a file). Tell us how you did it.
3) Show us your handiwork! Add the image to a blog post of your own or on a web page of your own. Tell me in a comment here where it is.
Note: If you want to email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org), I'll put it up here on Genea-Musings for you as an update to this post.
I entered my blog address:
- I looked at nearly every font and chose BPreplay Bold. I chose the Half and Half layout cause I like to shake things up a bit. And I chose the Blue Meets Orange color scheme; I just liked a black background the best.
- I had to experiment to figure out how to save the image, but it didn't take too long. I also did Print Screen (Prt Scr) and pasted the page into Paint. Then I cropped away the web page header and footer and saved the image to my computer as a .jpg file.
- I left a comment over at Genea-Musings to let Randy know I am getting in on the fun tonight!