Hey there, genea-lovers, it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!!
Your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) How old is your great-grandfather now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel (ancestor name list). Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook or Google Plus note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.
5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick a grandparent, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!
(1) My great-grandfather, William John Drake, was born in 1857, so if he was still alive, he would be 153 (his birthday was in September). Dividing 153 by 4 gives me 38.25; I'll round that down to 38.
And I had no ancestor as #38 in my Ahnentafel Report!
So I move to another great-grandfather, Luther Boardman Ranney. He was born in 1870 so if he was still alive, he would be 141. Dividing 141 by 4 gives me 35.25; I'll round that down to 35.
Again, no ancestor #35! I'm running out of great-grandfathers!
My great-grandfather, James Madison Tapley, was born in 1847 so if he was still alive, he would be 164. Dividing 164 by 4 gives me 41.
(2) Finally! Pay dirt! My ancestor #41 is Selina King Drake (1812-1899). She was my 3rd great-grandmother.
(3) Three facts about Selina:
- She was the daughter of John King and Winifred Kemp.
- She married Francis Bryant Drake on November 6, 1828 in Washington County, Georgia.
- She was the mother of 12 children:
- James William (1829-1908)
- Pheribah Elizabeth (1832-1876)
- Bathsheba Winifred (1832-1893)
- Eliza Jane (1834-1856)
- Francis Milton (1836-1912)
- Richard Franklin (1839-1859)
- John Saffold (1841-1916)
- Thomas Lamar (1844-1913)
- Sarah Ann Selina (1847-1932)
- Robert Lemuel (1849-1923)
- Adra Ann Sarusha (1852-1937)
- Infant (1852-1854)
So obviously, I know only the very, very basics about Selina King Drake. Another reason to go research!