Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Dear Genea-Santa Letter

From Randy over at Genea-Musings:

 It's Saturday Night - take some time from the Christmas shopping frenzy - and have a little Genealogy Fun!!

Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. Here's your chance to sit on Genea-Santa's lap (virtually) and tell him your Christmas genealogy-oriented dreams:

1) Write your Genea-Santa letter. Have you been a good genealogy girl or boy? What genealogy-oriented items are on your Christmas wish list? They could be family history items, technology items, or things that you want to pursue your ancestral quest.

2) Tell us about them in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook status or Google Stream post.

Here's mine:

Dear Genea-Santa,

I tried to be a good girl this year, but my genealogy did take a hit.  Not as many blog posts as I would have liked, but I did attend two genealogy conferences.  I also was more diligent in adding source citations to my Family Tree Maker file, and helped any and all cousins who contacted me in any way I could.  So hopefully, I still deserve a couple of holiday surprises.

All I want for Christmas this year:

(1)  An IPad or other tablet computer would so much lighter and more compact than my laptop to take with me on genealogy-related trips.

(2)  To learn the ancestry of my great-great-grandfather, George W. Schwalls. 

Thank you,Genea-Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment