Monday, February 4, 2013

Mappy Monday: My Tapleys and Drakes in North Carolina

 After being inspired by my genealogy friend, Annette, I decided to map my Tapley and Drake families' origins in North Carolina.  It was an experiment in using the Paint program, so don't expect perfection!   But it gives you the general idea.  The Tapleys migrated from Virigina and arrived in North Carolina first, in the late 1740's.  The Drakes also migrated from Virginia, but about 30 years later, in the late 1770's.  The Tapleys left North Carolina about the time the Drakes arrived and migrated to South Carolina for a few years and then ultimately to Georgia.  The Drakes left North Carolina in the early 1820's and headed straight to Georgia.

Please click each map to view them larger in another window. 

Hosea Tapley was my 6th great-grandfather.  His son, Joel, of course, was my 5th great-grandfather.

 
Exum Drake was my 5th great-grandfather, with his son, Richard, being my 4th great-grandfather.

Maps courtesy of Catawba County NCGenWeb site at http://www.ncgenweb.us/catawba/countyfm.htm.



No comments:

Post a Comment