Monday, March 30, 2020

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Facebook "Have You Done This?" Meme

Now I realize it is no longer Saturday night, but I wasn't able to get this done then or yesterday, and I really wanted to play along - so here we are!

From Randy over at Genea-Musings:

it's Saturday Night 
time for more Genealogy Fun!!!



Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

(1) Another "Have you done this?" meme/quiz was going around Facebook last week.  Let's Do It!!

(2)  Copy and paste the list below, delete my answers, and add your own.

(3)  Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a post on Facebook.

Here's mine:

(1)  Driven 100 mph:  I don't think so.  90 maybe...

(2)  Ridden in a helicopter:  No

(3)  Gone zip lining:  No

(4)  Been to an NFL Game:  No!  

(5)  Been to Canada:  No

(6)  Visited Florida:  Oh yes, many, many times.  Lived there for 4 years when I was a 
child.  Still have family there.  Though sadly, I have not been since moving to North Carolina 8 years ago.

(7)  Visited Mexico:  Yes, once.  Cozumel from a cruise ship.  Was very nervous (Have you ever read those State Department Travel Warnings from Mexico?!!) so stayed right there at the docks.  Shopped and drank.  

(8)  Visited Vegas:  No

(9)  Eaten alone at a restaurant:  Yes, but very rarely and only if I have a book with me to read so I don't look totally sad and lonely.  Usually in those situations, I just eat in my car.  

(10) Ability to read music:  Some memory is left from my childhood piano lessons.  

(11) Ridden a motorcycle:  Yes, but only as a passenger.

(12) Ridden a horse:  Yes, we owned horses when I was a child.  I don't think I've been on one since becoming an adult.

(13) Stayed in a hospital:  Only as a newborn.  (Let us pray that streak continues.)

(14) Donated blood:  Yes, but I just started donating last year, so I've only done it about 3 times.

(15)  Been snow skiing:  No

(16)  Been to Disneyworld or Disneyland:  Disneyworld yes!  2 or 3 times.  Refer to the Florida question above.  LOL.  It is definitely the happiest place on earth.

(17) Slept outside:  No... unless a cabin at camp or motor home count!!  ;)

(18) Driven a stick shift:  Yes, and I'm not good at it.  At all.

(19) Ridden in an 18 wheeler:  No

(20) Ridden in a police car:  Yes, but not for THAT reason.  My friends and I broke down in Montgomery, Alabama, and a kind policeman gave us a ride to an auto parts store.

(21)  Driven a boat:  Yes, some.  Lived on the lake when I was in college.

(22)  Eaten Escargot:  No!

(23) Been on a cruise:  Yes, twice.  First one sailed out of Port Canaveral, Florida and went to the Bahamas and Key West.  Second was a larger ship, and we sailed out of Tampa, Florida to the above mentioned Mexico and Grand Cayman (where I swam with sting rays!! One of the most awesome experiences of my life!!).

(24)  Run out of gas:  Never!

(25) Been on TV:  Not that I know of

(26) Eaten Sushi:  No!

(27) Seen a UFO: No

(28) Been bungie jumping:  No!!

(29) Visited another continentYes - Europe

(30) Been to Ellis Island:  No...

It's your turn....

No comments:

Post a Comment