Friday, March 25, 2011

Grandma's Diary, Part 11

(To read prior entries from my maternal grandmother's 1933 diary, please click on the tab "Posts by Topic" and then go to the topic "California."  All posts are listed there.)

Key: 
The writer is Ethel Ranney Tapley.
Alice is her sister.
Kenneth is her brother.
Her parents.

          H = her boyfriend, Hazel Avery Plumlee
          Delma = Hazel's little sister
          Dorothy Lee = Hazel's niece (his brother, Earl's, child)
          Otho is Otho Hesser, her father's cousin.
          Viella is Otho's wife.
          Uncle Jont is Jonathan Hesser, Otho's father and her father's uncle.
          Aunt Kate is Sarah Katherine Hall Hesser, Jonathan's wife and Otho's mother
          Herman is Alice's boyfriend.


Sun., March 19:  "Uncle Jont's & H. Hesser & Jane brot Alice home & stayed for dinner.  H. & I went with Joe to Palm Springs.  Mrs. Cooper was over for a few min.  We put a jig saw puzzle together."

Mon., March 20:  "Mama & I washed.  I cut out my dress & almost finished it.  Dad worked over to Petes on some wood."

Tues., March 21:  "Mama & I ironed.  Finished my dress.  Mr. & Mrs. Cooper came over for some holly-hock.  H. came over & we went to Trowbridges then to the show we saw Jack Oakie in Sailor Be Good."



Wed., March 22:  "Dad worked on wood.  Mama & I went calling on Viella, Snellings & Mrs. Balls.  We saw Mrs. Sweeters & invited them over for Sunday.  H. came over for a minute."

Thurs., March 23:  "Another man & Banks came up & stayed for dinner.  H. came up in the afternoon, he stayed all night at Redlands as his axle broke.  We put a puzzle together."

Fri., March 24:  "I worked on my crazy quilt.  Coopers left their keys here on there way to L.A.  H. came over after work & stayed for supper.  Mama & I went to Yucaipa in the morning."

Sat., March 25:  "We went to San Berdo. with Viella & girls.  Hazel came over in the evening & we went to Trowbridges.  Dad hauled wood."

No comments:

Post a Comment