Thursday, March 24, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Movies

Week 12: Movies. Did (or do you still) see many movies? Describe your favorites. Where did you see these films? Is the theater still there, or is there something else in its place?

I did not get to go to the movies very often as a child and teenager.  One that I did go see with my mom and which sticks out in my mind was "E.T. the Extra Terrestrial."  It was a great movie, plus E.T. was my initials! 

The movie theatre in Swainsboro is long gone, as far as I know.  It was a small, one theatre building.  Not at all similar to these giant multi-plexes that we have now!

I do enjoy watching movies.  I do not go to the theatre very often anymore since we joined NetFlix.  Using our NetFlix subscription, I probably watch one movie a week.

Here are some of my all-time favorites (not necessarily seen in a theater):

  • Casablanca (I love old movies and Humphrey Bogart.)
  • Dirty Dancing
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Italian Job
  • Transformers I & II
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (all three, but #2 was my fav)
  • The Whole Nine Yards
  • The Whole Ten Yards
  • Beaches
  • The Notebook
  • Pretty Woman
  • Double Jeopardy
  • Mr. and Mrs. Smith
  • Grosse Point Blank

No comments:

Post a Comment