Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday's Obituary: Viella Crites Hesser

"Death Notices

  Word was received here of the death of Mrs. Otho Hesser, the former Viella Crites, of Elida.  Mrs. Hesser, 85, died Thursday in Manchester, Mo.  Before leaving the Lima area in 1920, she taught in the Elida schools.  Surviving are two daughters, two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.  Several nieces and nephews, in the Lima area also survive.  Funeral and burial were held Saturday in Redlands, Calif."

- Ancestry.com. Lima News (Lima, Ohio) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006.

Original data: Lima News. Lima, OH, USA. Database created from microfilm copies of the newspaper.

Printed in the Lima News on July 1, 1973.


Viella was the wife of my 1st cousin, 3x removed.  She was good friends with my great-grandmother, Bessie Carter Ranney, evidenced by how much time they spent together as recorded by Bessie in her journal.



Mary Elizabeth Tapley
Me
Linda Irene Tapley
My mother
Ethel Irene Ranney Tapley
My grandmother
Luther Boardman Ranney
My great-grandfather
Mary Margaret Hesser Ranney
My 2nd great-grandmother
James Warren Hesser
My 3rd great-grandfather
Jonathan Elisha Hesser
James Warren’s son, Mary Margaret’s brother, and my 2nd great grand uncle
Otho Elwood Hesser
Jonathan’s son and my 1st cousin, 3x removed
Mary Viella Crites Hesser
Otho’s wife


No comments:

Post a Comment