Thursday, June 30, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Songs

Week 26:  Songs. What was the #1 song during the week of your birth? Enter your birth date at This Day in Music (http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/birthdayno1) and find out. If you were born before 1946, you can enter the year of your marriage, the birth dates of your children or some other significant event.

 This is fun stuff!  I was so glad to see that this was the "52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History" topic this week since I missed Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Fun last weekend! 

On my day of birth, June 16, 1967, the number one song in the U.S. was "Respect" by Aretha Franklin:  

Video courtesy www.youtube.com

I couldn't stop there!  Turning 18 was a big deal in my life; I had only been counting down the days for three years!  The #1 song in the U.S. on June 16, 1985 was "Heaven" by Bryan Adams.  Music videos were around by this time!

Video courtesy www.youtube.com

I was and still am a huge Bryan Adams fan!  This album was probably the first cassette tape I ever bought for myself! 

The next big date in my life would be my wedding day, April 24, 1993.  I had to switch to country music #1s at this point because I did not recognize the #1 pop song!  The #1 country song in the U.S. that day was "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" by Sammy Kershaw:

Video courtesy www.youtube.com

Oh I did love that song!

Music is very important to me, and I do relate it to the important moments in my life.  I enjoyed sharing this little glimpse into those memories.

1 comment:

  1. Great songs. Mine were pretty lame so I didn't post about them. I like April 24th too! That's my birthday! :) it was also the wedding anniversary for my husband's great grandparents!

    ReplyDelete