Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Dear Genea-Santa


From Randy over at Genea-Musings:

Dear genealogists everywhere, it's Saturday Night!  Time for some Genealogy FUN. 

Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. Here's your chance to sit on Genea-Santa's lap (virtually) and tell him your Christmas genealogy-oriented dreams: 

1) Write your Genea-Santa letter. Have you been a good genealogy girl or boy? What genealogy-oriented items are on your Christmas wish list? They could be family history items, technology items, or things that you want to pursue your ancestral quest.

2) Tell us about them in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook status or Google Stream post. 

Here's mine:

Dear Genea-Santa:

It's been a tough year, Santa.  So it took me until September to get back to writing blog posts regularly, doing research, and looking up random Tapley names for my cousin Keith.  I managed to write 62 blog posts this year, visited some cemeteries, helped set up cousin Keith's family tree and uploaded it to Ancestry.com for him, and paid a visit to the North Carolina archives.  In addition, I have been making a concerted effort to transcribe items I had picked up on previous visits to other libraries and archives.  So as you can see, I am getting back on track.

Therefore, I hope you can see your way to just grant me one little wish.  I would like my very own subscription to Ancestry.com once again.  Being on my own now and trying to support my furry children means that Ancestry.com is a luxury I can no longer afford.  I know I could go to the local library and use it, but that requires me taking even more time away from my doggie... and she misses me so much already while I'm at work every day.

Daisy missing her Mama.
(Oh, and if I can push it, I'd also like to know where George Schwalls, my great-great grandfather came from in Germany!)

Thank you for considering my wish, Genea-Santa.  I will be a better Genea-Girl next year with many blog posts and much research.  I will also drive to Georgia and spend time with my mother and cousin Keith at Christmas time (and maybe squeeze in another cemetery visit).

Merry Christmas, Genea-Santa and safe travels on Christmas Eve!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment