Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Did Santa Bring You?

From Randy over at Genea-Musings:

Dear genealogists everywhere, it's Saturday Night!  Time for some Genealogy FUN.
 

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:

1) What gift that you received for Christmas is your favorite for genealogy purposes? Book, magazine, hardware, software, website subscription, research time, DNA test - what was it, and how will it affect your genealogy research?

2) Tell us about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a comment to this blog post, or in a comment on Facebook or Google+ in response to this post.

3)  
 Come on, spill!  And it's OK to respond to this in the days after Saturday too!

1)  The gift that I received for Christmas this year that is my favorite for genealogy purposes is... the six month World Explorer membership on Ancestry.com!!  Yes, I got (more!) than I asked for.  Once it starts (I am hoping that is January 1), I will be hunched over my computer every hour that I am not at work, making the most of my six months!  

It will help me tremendously in my genealogy research cause I will actually be able to do some in depth research from home again.  I can attach census records to my tree.  I can spend hours looking through the census, social security death, birth, military, and all other records the site has to offer.  And maybe with the World membership, I can finally take the Tapleys back "across the pond."  Oh, the possibilities are endless!  I'm VERY excited.

2)  Done!

3)  Done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment