Dear genealogists everywhere, it's Saturday Night! Time for some Genealogy FUN.
Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy
and family history research, writing, speaking, etc. Be mindful of your
family's privacy, though!
* Write a blog post of your own, respond with a comment to this post, or write a Facebook status post or a Google+ Stream post.
I think my life IS genealogy and family history research... when I'm not working 8am-5pm or doing chores or walking the dog. LOL. OK, I do have other interests... they just seem to take a back seat to my genealogy. But anyway, here they are:
* Scrapbooking. I've gotten away from it the last couple of years, but I have more than enough supplies and plenty of pictures to keep me busy for many years to come. I have a few friends who I scrapbook with so that has motivated me to do more of it.
* Traveling and seeing new places. I don't get to travel much anymore, but I love to visit anywhere new, whether it is a history museum, a Civil War site, a zoo, an aquarium, the beach, or just a nearby park.
* Reading. I have gotten back to my reading and I now read two books at once... a traditional bound book at home and a Kindle book on my lunch hour at work. I am finally getting to read books that I've had around for years just waiting for me to pick them up! My favorite genre is mystery by far - I love James Patterson, John Grisham, and Dean Koontz - but I also enjoy history books and most anything except science fiction.
* Movies and TV. I don't watch a ton of TV, especially since I don't have TV service at home. I watch TV online and not everything is available so I just have a few favorites, i.e., Covert Affairs, Rizzoli and Isles, Burn Notice, Revenge, The Vampire Diaries, 20/20, Jon Stewart (if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't get any news! LOL), Law and Order: SVU, and House Hunters. I do enjoy going to the movies and watching movies at home. My favorites are romantic comedies. I want to escape when I read a book or watch a movie, so I HATE sad endings. I get enough of those in real life! I want them to live happily ever after.
* Going out with friends. I am still in the process of establishing new friendships here in North Carolina, but I have met enough people that I usually have at least one place to go on the weekends. Tonight is an early Mardi Gras party at a friend's house, where I will participate in another one of my favorite activities:
* Dancing. I love to dance. I don't care how I look or who's looking cause it is tremendous fun, freeing, and good exercise. I am told that I am a good dancer, but I do it for the fun of it.
* Walking. Usually with my dog cause she loves to go for a walk. The weather and getting dark so early has not been conducive lately, but I do get out with her on the weekends. I enjoy hiking... especially if there is a waterfall at the end of the trail! I am not into 8 mile hikes, but I'm good for 2-3.
Not very exciting, maybe, but it's my life. I guess I do have some life outside of genealogy. Surprising, isn't it?