Monday, December 13, 2010

Motivation Monday: My Genealogy Goals for this Week

Things slowed down here, genealogy-wise, this past week, as my mother visited for a couple of days, I had to get the Christmas cards done, and I had a relapse with my sinuses. 

Here were my goals for this past week as posted last Monday, December 6th, and my progress:
  • Complete that application for my grandmother's birth certificate and mail it by the end of the week. Done!
  • Call my grand uncle's step-daughter.  We had lost touch with him, and my mom and I would love to hear about the last years of his life.  Not done!
  • Finish doing research on those individuals I learned about last week and hopefully, add them to my tree.  Done!  Or at least I did the research; I could not find documented evidence that these individuals belong in my tree, so I just made a note of their names and other information in FTM and filed the information away for future reference. 
  • Proofread the Ranney typing I am gong to finish tonight and get it sent in.  Started, but not finished.
  • Start the next (last!) section of Ranney transcribing continuing at the rate of 3 pages a day.  NOT started yet.
So it looks like I ended up about 50/50.  Not the best odds, but the real world does tend to take precedence and slow us down, right?

Here are the goals I wish to pursue this week:

  • Complete an application for my grand aunt's Michigan birth certificate.  Mom brought me the death certificate; I just need to fill out an application and take it to Mom for her signature this weekend.
  • Find a home for the DOT maps I ordered and received last week.  (I'm very excited about these - I did not know they show all the churches and cemeteries in a county!  They are going to be a huge help when it warms up and I can go cemetery visiting again!)
  • Call my grand uncle's step-daughter.  We had lost touch with him, and my mom and I would love to hear about the last years of his life.
  • Finish proofreading that section of Ranney typing I finished transcribing last week and send it in.  
  • Start the next (last!) section of Ranney transcribing continuing at the rate of 3 pages a day.
Most of those look familiar, don't they?  :)  I don't have tons of things going this week so I think these are do-able.  What are you working on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment