Friday, December 24, 2010

A Genealogist's Christmas Wish

Dear Santa:
  Don't bring me new dishes,
  I don't need a new kind of game.
  Genealogists have peculiar wishes
  For Christmas I just want a surname.

  A new washing machine would be great,
  But it's not the desire of my life.
  I've just found an ancestor's birth date;
  What I need now is the name of his wife.

  My heart doesn't yearn for a ring
  That would put a real diamond to shame.
  What I want is a much cheaper thing;
  Please give me Elizabeth's last name.

  To see my heart singing with joy,
  Don't bring me a real leather suitcase,
  Bring me a genealogist's toy;
  a surname with dates and a place.
      -- Unknown (borrowed from a post on the YAHOO! group DEADFRED.com)

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment