I've had a busy week, genealogy wise. Lots of research and scanning. These were my goals for last week... let's see how I did:
- Call my grand uncle's step-daughter. We had lost touch with him, and my mom and I would love to hear about the last years of his life. (If I keep moving this to every week, eventually I'll do it!) Still did not do this.
- Unpack the pictures and other memorabilia I brought back from my mom's on Saturday. Turns out she had been holding out on me with some stuff... the rest are framed pictures that I need to take out and scan. Good thing Scanfest is this Sunday! Done! The frames are ready to go to the Goodwill and the pictures are in a stack on my desk, waiting to be scanned. I got a few items scanned yesterday during ScanFest.
- Photograph a couple of items Mom gave me that belonged to my paternal grandmother, Nealie Drake Tapley. I had no idea they had belonged to her, and I'm very excited to have them. Done! And they are now lovingly displayed in my china cabinet.
- Continue the Ranney transcribing. Done! I finished transcribing generation 8 and sent that in. I have started transcribing the 9th (and final) generation at the rate of 3 pages per day.
Here are the goals I wish to pursue this week:
- Continue the Ranney transcribing (I am on a roll!).
- Call my grand uncle's step-daughter.
- Continue researching the census records on my Schwalls family.
- Scan some of the pictures my mom loaned me.
- Do some genealogy filing.