Today I did 90+ scans:
- A couple of pictures and memorabilia I got from my mom recently;
- My aunt's baby book that my mom found at her house (and which, of course, I will be mailing to my aunt this week);
- My mom's birth certificates (one official, one decorative with her footprints);
- My mom's baby book;
- Several "new baby" greeting cards my grandmother had saved from my mother's birth, along with a couple of her birthday cards from her first year;
- My mom's 1st grade report card;
- My mom's high school graduation announcement; and
- My brother's birth and death certificates.
|One of the "Welcome|
New Baby" cards -
this one from her aunt.
Of course, I still have a stack of pictures (more my mom passed along recently) to scan. I'll do a few a week, probably, to get them done. I don't want to wait until next month's ScanFest (January 30th, from 11am-2pm PST). I have already planned what I'm going to do then: any documents I have for my paternal grandparents. I'm moving right along. And it feels GOOD to get this done.
Now I just need to back these files up somewhere...