Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday's Obituary: Charlie Paul Schwalls

This is a good example why Google Alerts are great to use. I have alerts set up for several things, such as the name of this blog, my name, "Tapley," "Ranney," and "Schwalls." I do not get many hits for my Schwalls alert, but it only takes one.

This obituary came up in August in my alerts. It is the obituary of one Charlie Paul Schwalls from Gulfport, Mississippi. Now my Schwalls are from Georgia, so I did not have my hopes high that this would yield me any information. However, as I read the obituary more closely...Wait! He was a native of Scott, Georgia? Also... bless someone's heart... they included his parents' names! And lo and behold, I recognize those names. Turns out Mr. Charlie Paul Schwalls was my 2nd cousin, 1x removed!

So Google alerts are good. Try them!




Obituary courtesy of SunHerald.com, Biloxi-Gulfport and South Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment